Thursday, May 28, 2009

Recent Reads

Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Rumor has it that my reading preferences now lean towards translations of Scandinavian mystery authors and that this may be on account of a certain Swedish American presence on the home front, namely my bra fru or good wife in our lingo.  After reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson I say, “Absolutely right - and bring on even more translations!”

This is a rip roaring read, guaranteed to keep one up at night.  The author, who sadly died in 2004 at the age of 50, has a wonderful knack of weaving stories within stories in such a way that I really had difficulty putting the book down.  At the same time I noticed myself slowing my reading pace down considerably towards the end of the book because I did not want it to end.

I have just discovered that this is the first novel in a trilogy.  Yes it is sad that the author died so young but he has certainly left very rich material for his growing readership.

No comments:

Post a Comment