Friday, May 8, 2009

Barrie's Continuing Education


Prior to my departure from Boston and my arrival in Camden, Maine I mulled over all sorts of ideas to "improve" my life, foremost amongst those ideas were various educational pursuits.  They all featured plans of a grandiose and time consuming and costly nature such as studying for a nursing degree with a view to becoming an RN.  Now, I know there was nothing wrong with having these noble ideas but they were all a bit close to, "Which hurdle race will I put in for now?"  Never mind that my knees are clapped out, my back is shot and my short term memory is on a downward slope!

Four months have passed and happily I have turned my (delicate) back on the hurdles and am now enjoying the bunny slopes of Maine's Adult Education network facilitated by http://fivetowns.maineadulted.org/.

So, this week has turned out to be a very busy week but it's been entirely free of any hurdles!  Monday & Wednesday evening was Zumba Fitness at High Mountain Hall with sublime teacher Korinn Scattoloni, and last evening, Thursday, was Composting with Beedy Parker and Sonia Spaulding. My goodness, this was another superb class.  Beedy Parker is a hot ticket, as they would say in the Zumba world.  She has a delightfully hands-on and hands-in approach to composting and she explodes any myths about fears of it being an exact science.  She gave me great confidence to go forth, get my hands (and arms) dirty and produce awesomely valuable black/brown gold for our garden.

I can hardly wait to get up close and personal with some of our very own red wigglers!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're worming your way in to such practical projects!

    ReplyDelete